• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband was arrested, need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worried wife

What is the name of your state? arizona.

in '97 my husband was convicted of 5th degree sexual misconduct in MN, a gross misdimeaner. he served his time and was told to register for ten years. In November, we were planning ot move from MN to AZ, so we went to the jail and he gave them our new address and the took his picture. it is now July and three cops showed up on our door to arrest him on felony fugitive of justice charges because MN is now saying that he never told them he moved, in essence, they lost his paperwork. AZ has dropped any and all charges on my husband, but now we have to wait on MN to make up thier mind on picking him up. i guess i am trying to find out a few things:
1. how long do we have to wait to find out if MN is going to come get him?
2. does anyone think we have a chance at fighting this since it was MN's incompetence that this happened?
3. when you are arrested on a warrant, are you supposed to have your rights read to you? (because they didnt and i was just curious)
Thank you.

calatty

Did they give you a copy of your change of address notification form? If not, then you will not be able to prove it is the state's fault, and not yours. No, they don't have to read you your rights unless they are going to interrogate you. I have no idea how long it will take for MN to make up its mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">