• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband charged with domestic assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lin162

My son and my husband got in an arguement over a computer. Both were in eachothers face and my husband pushed my son to get him away, and when he pushed him, my son bit his lip and it was cut in a couple of places.
my son called 911 and the police came and handcuffed my husband. they were going to arrest him, but a cop , who is no stranger to us and has dealt with my son many times before, told the arresting officer that this was all an act. He was the sargent that night.So they let my husband go but are still going to file charges on domestic assault and battery and we now have to wait till we are summoned into court. My son is 16 and has a history of giving us a hard time and the police know this. Would it be worth my while to see if they will drop the charges or start thinking about hiring an attorney. My husband swears he never hit him
What is gonna happen next? will my husband go to jail? thanks

T

Tracey

Get an attorney. You might also think about filing a complaint against your son for false reporting.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">