• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband's Old Warrant for Filing False Police Report

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

disappointedsis

What is the name of your state? SC
My spouse was at work, came out of to the car for a break and someone came up behind him and made him get in the car (with gun) and made him drive it down the street and get out. My husband walked the block or two back to his work and called to police. They found the car still running (doors lock if car is running and doors shut), and the car was keyed. The police had found no finger prints or anything and after a week of continually harrassing my husband at work (security camera's weren't pointed at car) told him that if he didn't sign a paper saying he is the one who "took" the car then they were going to put him in jail for 5 + yrs. He signed the paper (he's not the smartest, should have called lawyer then). We got a lawyer after that and he suggested my spouse just do the Pre Trial intervention. My spouse did the first meeting and got the date wrong on the second one (by one day). So the charge got put back into the system and we were told that it would get re submitted to court later. Two years later they send a paper to our new home (in TX) and which said in two weeks he had to make an appearance in court. We didn't have the money to travel halfway across country and spoke with the clerk. She said that he could pay the fine in 90 days but that the date the trial was to happen we had to pay 350 to the court for the first payment of three. Again not two weeks wasn't enough time to collect funds necassary. Now there's a bench warrant for his arrest. Don't know what to do. Is there anyway we can pay this fee to the court and not have him arrested. (I'm disabled and can't work-he makes money on commission and we can't afford for him to miss anywork especially when he would be arrested, taken to SC, and held until he say a judge, not to mention the extra it would be for me to go get him) Please advise.:(:(:mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">