• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mpetersen03

Help with theft charge!

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I took some lottery tickets from my job(about $60-$80 including winnings) but when I was caught I reembursed the company in full. I was a miner when this happend but I just recently turned 18. I just got the thing in the mail and it says that I am being charged with misdemener theft/state lottery fraud -statute # 609.651 subd1(4) and 4(a)... I was just wondering if there was any helpful information. I know what I did was wrong, I just dont want it to screw up the rest of my life.

Last edited:

HomeGuru

Re: Help with theft charge!

mpetersen03 said:
What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I took some lottery tickets from my job(about $60-$80 including winnings) but when I was caught I reembursed the company in full. I was a miner when this happend but I just recently turned 18. I just got the thing in the mail and it says that I am being charged with misdemener theft/state lottery fraud -statute # 609.651 subd1(4) and 4(a)... I was just wondering if there was any helpful information. I know what I did was wrong, I just dont want it to screw up the rest of my life.

**A: it does not matter if you were a miner, school teacher, accountant, priest etc. as you are now being charged as an adult.

M

mpetersen03

I am sorry I actually meant minor... as in under 18...

M

mpetersen03

so Even though I was under 18 I am going to get charged a felony as an adult, this means I can not vote have a gun or hold a state job ever?

M

mpetersen03

it was under 100 for sure I think it was 80 though... and this has been paid back to the person... this was also a first offence.

HomeGuru

Ok, what was your job? did you work for the State or company that runs the lottery. What exactly are the charges against you for lottery fraud?

M

mpetersen03

My job was a gas station attendient, my job duty's were to sell items that people brought up, and also lottery tickets if they wanted to purchase them. it wasnt a state run business. I think the exact charges were teying to defraud the state lottery, by cashing the tickets that were winners, there was only about 30$ that was winners and I reembersed them for that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">