• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am being Charged with Phone Harassment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lfaint

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

The story goes like this. I live in a building with 8 apartments. One night the downstairs neighbor had a party on a Saturday night, all night. No big deal to me, but to one of my other neighbors it was. He went around the whole building beating pots and pans and yelling at 5:00am the next morning. It freaked me out. Esssentially he blamed the whole building for one person's party. I was pissed, why couldn't he have just complained to the police? Anyway, some neighbors and I called his apartment at 1:00am. The first several times not saying anything the second time (this was all in one night that we made these calls) just saying how does it feel to be awake this early. Stupid, well yeh. We didn't leave our names, but he said he recognized our voices. There was no threat, we just hung up. Now it looks like he is pressing charges for that one night of phone calls. I could have called the police on him for desterbing the peace, but I didn't. What do I have for a fight here? Help!

Last edited:

djohnson

Chances are this won't be pursued and he is bluffing. Harrassing means continuously. It was dumb and made a difficult matter worse but I can't even see Andy and Barney going after this one. There are too many other problems, unless there is more to the story.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">