• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am so dumb!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

iamdumb

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I was involved in an auto accident in 2001 (I was not at fault). During a taped conversation with the insurance adjuster (to determine a settlement ammount), and my attorney, I totally lied.

I told the man that I went to physical therapy after my surgery, when in reality I did not.

I was so ashamed of myself, that I called my attorney within an hour after I left his office and told him the truth. My attorney called the adjuster the next day and told him.

Can I be charged with insurance fraud for this?

H

hmmbrdzz

I bet that nail biting state between there and here will teach you not to get in wrecks, huh? (your story was kind of funny!)

If you were supposed to go to PT after a surgery related to this wreck (and you didn't go), has your attorney told you anything with respect to how this will affect your claim, or is he so mad at you now that he won't speak to you? Just curious (not that I can help).

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">