• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i was arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zillah6

i was arrested in my dormatory with marijuana, and three pills of ecstacy. i am an 18 year old college student, with no prior record. is it possible for the ecstacy charge to be dropped from a felony to a misdemeanor if i plead that i'm a user, not a dealer, and go to rehab???

B

bellestar

OH YOU POOR THING YOU WERE ARRESTED. WELL IF YOU DO SAY YOU ARE AN ADDICT YOU MORE THAN LIKELY WILL HAVE TO GO TO REHAB, DO SOME COMMUNITY SERVICE AND HAVE A BIT PROBATION. THEY WILL BE LIGHT ON YOU CUZ THIS IS YOU FIRST OFFENSE BUT FOR NEXT TIME STAY OFF THE DRUGS. THEY ARE BAD FOR YOU.....

H

HLS

To Bellestar: Here is a young kid who got into trouble and you call him a "poor baby" All he is asking for is some advice. This message board, if you can't tell, is about criminal law. Your obvious outlook on drugs shows possibly the message board you should be replying to should be anti-drug in nature,(you obviously seek out message boards I am sure you could find one more suitable to your opinions about drugs) Perhaps you should find one and stay off message boards such as these as your replies are very immature and have no merit to supply helpful information and non-bias advice, since assuming you "have never been there,or walked in any of these peoples shoes"

H

HLS

To Bellestar, I guess it was "Poor Thing" not "poor baby" same difference.

H

HLS

First of all do NOT agree to talk to police. Get an attorney! He/she will help you choose your best defense. Good Luck Kid.

T

Tracey

A deferred prosecution is a possibility, if you're willing to go into treatment & put up with 5 years' supervision. A drug conviction will mean you can't get any student loans or federal grants. Hire a lawyer & do NOT talk to police.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

B

bellestar

To HLS, you have no idea if I have or have not been through the same as these people. And I will have you know that, I work with juviniles. I work with alternitive programs. So these kids and sometimes adults can go to this program and not prison. I have seen all aspects of the courts, concerning probation. I have seen kids in our program who just cant stay out of trouble and for violation of the program have to do prison time. So my advice may not be as you might feel mature but its the facts. I have seen damn near everything and I have tried to be supportive to these kids, and adults but most of the time they are looking for a cop-out. I may be harsh and insensitive on a certain extent but believe me I know what I am talking about on my advice..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">