• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was arrested and convicted but never read my rights is there anything I can do ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alucard1990

On october 18-19, 2009 I was arested for having sex with my underage girlfriend but the arresting officer never read me my rights, I told him that I was un aware of my rights he didn't say anything . I ended up signing a plea bagin for 6 moths county time 3 years felony probation and no registration. When I was transfered another inmate told me that I should have been read my rights ,so the real question is were my rights violated by not being mad aware of my miranda rights?

CdwJava

When you go to trial you can mention this to your attorney. If you were under arrest prior to the interview, then any statements made after the arrest might be suppressed.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
When you go to trial you can mention this to your attorney. If you were under arrest prior to the interview, then any statements made after the arrest might be suppressed.
The guy was already convicted. An excellent example of how a suspect doesn't HAVE to be Mirandized ;)

cyjeff

The plea bargain you signed said that you admitted to the crime.

Getting that undone almost certainly requires the services of an excellent attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">