• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was assaulted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dranya

I live in Texas, Here is my problem, my husband has a mistress, I have caught him with her 3 times, we have been married 22 years, each time I caught him I was extremely civil and intelligent about it speaking only to my husband not to her, This last time thought I was angry and even so when I got out of my car I addressed only my husband, I was loud and did tell him he should have stayed away from that (b!!!), I did not address her directly, she had walked away because she was about to get into our car with him, but she turned and came back at me talking very nasty, I looked behind me and another woman was also coming at him and about 2o other people were coming out toward me. They atarted to beat me with closed fist, I got a busted lip and a large 6in scar on my chest that I discovered after I got home, and took my clothing off, anyway my husband grabbed me around my waist pinning my arms to my side which prevented me from defending myself. I kicked one of them and she fell to the ground, my husband pushed me toward the car trying to get me in but in doing do allowed them to get even more hits in to the back of my head and back. I called the police, and waited at another location, when he arrived I explained what had happened, showed him my lip, because I did not know the scratch was there I was sore all over, but he went to their home and arrested them and they were released later that day. Now I am being threaten over the phone I am having my number changed, but I want to know if I can sue them for the assault, the women owns a small house worth about 34,000.00 dollars I want to know what legal action I can take against her if any at all. I want to get it over with as soon as possible because I leaving the state. Please tell me if there is anything at all I can do, I have never been violent with anyone in my entire life and this woman and her daughter were trying to kill me over my husband!
Thank you in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">