• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I beat a kid up!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ibeatakidup

What is the name of your state? NY

Ok here it goes: I was walking to the school where my son goes to meet him. He was not expecting this and began walking home across a foot bridge as he should have.

When I came up on him he was getting the **** kicked out of him by a kid twice his size and 3 grade levels above him. I effen lost it!!!

I pulled this kid off my son and began a retribution ass kicking of my own and wound up throwing this punk bully into the creek that runs below the foot bridge in October in North Country NY. The little punk is dam lucky he can swim otherwise... Well you get it.

Needless to say but I will anyway. The police came to my house and arrested me as there where plenty of witnesses. I admited nothing and took advantage of my miranda warnings and spent the night in the hooosekow. No biggy I have been in worse places.

I mean I really effen lost it when i beat this kid up. It was like a out of body expierience.

Do I have a case for temporary insanity?

Last edited:

I

ibeatakidup

I am bumping this in hope of getting a response. I really could use some educated advice on this

garrula lingua

You need to talk to an attorney.

Temporary insanity won't wash.

How badly was the child hurt ?
How vocal are the child's parents about this ?

Your possible defenses would be: defense of others & self-defense.
but...what is the difference in age and size ? You are also, essentially, held to the same level of violence as the attacker...the throwing into the creek was really bad, unless it was accidental on your part.
Did you actually throw this yoyo into the creek, or did he fall when you hit him ?

You need an atty - see if you qualify for the Public Defender; maybe you can negotiate a 'lesser charge' such as disturbing the peace, if the child wasn't hurt and the Prosecutor goes for your 'crime of passion' explanation.

I don't think you want to go to jury trial on this.

I

ibeatakidup

You need to talk to an attorney.

Temporary insanity won't wash.

How badly was the child hurt ?
How vocal are the child's parents about this ?

Your possible defenses would be: defense of others & self-defense.
but...what is the difference in age and size ? You are also, essentially, held to the same level of violence as the attacker...the throwing into the creek was really bad, unless it was accidental on your part.
Did you actually throw this yoyo into the creek, or did he fall when you hit him ?

You need an atty - see if you qualify for the Public Defender; maybe you can negotiate a 'lesser charge' such as disturbing the peace, if the child wasn't hurt and the Prosecutor goes for your 'crime of passion' explanation.

I don't think you want to go to jury trial on this.
Sorry for the late response and thanks for the advice.

Its gonna work out I am going to plead to harasment wich is a violation. No criminal record and I spoke to the ADA and he is going to recommend a ACD

Fortunatly for me I had witnesses (other kids watching the fight) that stood up for me and said he (the kid i beat up) had started the fight and was the bully in the fight. Also the kid did suffer some bumps and bruises but no hospitalization.

Looking back on this. I really don't regret what I did but at the same time wish I didn't do what I did. I mean man it was like holy crap my kid is getting the crap beat out of him and well you get it and so does the ADA

You realize now yuo are just as bad if not worse than child you beat up! where you felt it unfair and wrong for such an older child to assualt a younger one you did same thing! Only worse your an adult! Best get a Lawyer you cant win this one!

Curt581

You realize now yuo are just as bad if not worse than child you beat up! where you felt it unfair and wrong for such an older child to assualt a younger one you did same thing! Only worse your an adult! Best get a Lawyer you cant win this one!
Uhhh Panther?

Did you even read his last post?

Yes I did but two wrongs dont make a right. He was upset over a larger kid beatinga smaller one (his son) he then attacked larger kid who was smaller than him! He is guilty of same sin as person he attacked. Best response would be break up the fight not attack other child! As an adult he should know better. I am glad all is working out with least harm to ibeat but my stance remains the same two wrongsdont make a right. Furthermore its mu opinion you lose right to complain when you commit same wrong! Now before any asks yes i have kids five of them and I have had a similar experience in fact more than one in each case I broke up the fight with defensive means where no one was harmed if need be I contacted parent sof other child otherwise I sent him onhi merry way. Upon return home I asked my child what role they played in this and if need be punish my child!

Curt581

That's all wonderful... but...

I posted the question in response to your last sentence:

Best get a Lawyer you cant win this one!
He'd already said he made a plea agreement with the prosecutor.

I

ibeatakidup

Yes I did but two wrongs dont make a right. He was upset over a larger kid beatinga smaller one (his son) he then attacked larger kid who was smaller than him! He is guilty of same sin as person he attacked. Best response would be break up the fight not attack other child! As an adult he should know better. I am glad all is working out with least harm to ibeat but my stance remains the same two wrongsdont make a right. Furthermore its mu opinion you lose right to complain when you commit same wrong! Now before any asks yes i have kids five of them and I have had a similar experience in fact more than one in each case I broke up the fight with defensive means where no one was harmed if need be I contacted parent sof other child otherwise I sent him onhi merry way. Upon return home I asked my child what role they played in this and if need be punish my child!
I fail to see where you see two wrongs. I only saw one wrong and a pissed off parent making it right.

The ADA saw it my way too. So na na na boo boo

gawm

I fail to see where you see two wrongs. I only saw one wrong and a pissed off parent making it right.

The ADA saw it my way too. So na na na boo boo
I wonder if you will see it as a wrong when the kid's father or mother decides to return the favor to you when they see you at the grocery store or where ever?;)

SIGguy229

I see a parent taking responsibility and defending his child.

However, if it were me, I would also be on my cell phone to call 911 to have my kid checked out and the punk arrested and/or then a restraining order applied for.

Have you seen some of these teenagers these days? I'm 34 y/o and some of these kids are bigger than me.

It's not the age that determines the threat--it's the size difference.

Obviously the ADA saw something obviously wrong with the "victim" (i.e. the punk) and decided not to punish the (defending) parent too severely.

I would follow-up with a restraining order against the kid (since he is a clear threat to your child) and parents (depending on their disposition).

Mike in VA

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

I see a parent taking responsibility and defending his child.

However, if it were me, I would also be on my cell phone to call 911 to have my kid checked out and the punk arrested and/or then a restraining order applied for.

Have you seen some of these teenagers these days? I'm 34 y/o and some of these kids are bigger than me.

It's not the age that determines the threat--it's the size difference.
Obviously the ADA saw something obviously wrong with the "victim" (i.e. the punk) and decided not to punish the (defending) parent too severely.

I would follow-up with a restraining order against the kid (since he is a clear threat to your child) and parents (depending on their disposition).

Mike in VA
OMG! Can we get a restraining order against this Mike Guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">