• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I broke the law and now I am scared to death.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wv_gal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virgina

I was terminated from my previous employer because I stole money from them. I did admit it to the employer and their security person and was recorded. They gave me 90 days to secure the funds to avoid criminal charges. However, due to the fact I was unemployed and was not able and still have not been able to find a job I could not secure funds. I asked for an extention but was never answered on the extention, only answer received was that they now believe I took more then what they orginally suspected. I understand I commited a crime and I understand there is a penalty for that. My concern is I am a single mom and I don't know what will happen. I've never done anything like this, it was stupid and I know but I am scared to death at this point. Anyone with any advice please I would so much appreciate it.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virgina

I was terminated from my previous employer because I stole money from them. I did admit it to the employer and their security person and was recorded. They gave me 90 days to secure the funds to avoid criminal charges. However, due to the fact I was unemployed and was not able and still have not been able to find a job I could not secure funds. I asked for an extention but was never answered on the extention, only answer received was that they now believe I took more then what they orginally suspected. I understand I commited a crime and I understand there is a penalty for that. My concern is I am a single mom and I don't know what will happen. I've never done anything like this, it was stupid and I know but I am scared to death at this point. Anyone with any advice please I would so much appreciate it.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
My advice to you is to get an attorney. Don't speak to the police without him/her present. You might also want to make alternative plans for your child(ren) in the event that you might have to "relocate" for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">