• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I.D Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikeK1980

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I going make this short and simple,I have 2 older brothers,I found out that my 2nd oldest brother has been using my other brother's name and S.S number to open cable TV and Phone service.My two brothers don't talk to each other long family issue and my oldest brother lives in PA while my 2nd oldest brother lives in Fl.My oldest brother well put it this way has been in and out of jail for pass few years and has never live in Fl.My 2nd oldest brother been in Fl for last 14 - 15 years and may have been using our oldest brother S.S number to open other accounts.Make a long story short,I only found out this pass weekend when I was helping my brother to move,his wife give me table and inside in the table drawer where cable bills and light bills in my oldest brother's name!After telling this to our father,he told me last time he talk to my oldest brother's wife,she was getting light bills and cable bills from Florida and they never live in Florida.I don't know what I should do,he my brother and hate to see him go to jail for this but what he doing is wrong.What should I do?How should I report this?

CdwJava

I would tell your victim brother about it so he can make the choice for himself whether to report his brother for the crime, or, to suck it up and pay for his brother's foibles. If you tell him, the onus is off of you.

Your #2 brother has done this to himself. If your oldest brother does not want to report it, then he does not have to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">