• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know what to do.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kksmom

Saturday morning my boyfriend came home after a night of drinking with scratches on his back and bite marks on his arm up by his armpit, his chest and there was even one on his chin. These marks turned into bruises. I asked him what had happened and he said he blacked out and did not remember. He is an alcoholic and does this quite often. Seeing those marks gave me chills, they looked like someone had fought him off. They did not to appear that they were made by a male. What should I do in this case? I expected that if he had raped someone or even beat them that the police would have already contacted him. But if the person was to afraid to come forward I guess they would not have. I feel I should do something, but I am worried that I am jumping to conclusions. I have spoken about this to only one other person, who informed me that since we have children together and he watches them during the day while I work that Child Protective Services would take my children away from me. This situation horrifies and scares me, any advice would be appreciated.

K

kksmom

I understand that I need to leave him. My question was whether I should call my local police and see if they had any reports matching his description and if due to the fact that we are living together at the time of the incident if CPS will try and take my children.

MySonsMom

Instead of getting yourself and your children involved in whatever he did, I would just leave. That way you are safe, and your children are safe. Good luck!

------------------
*There is no love, like the unconditional love of a Mother*

-I am not an Attorney, any advice given is strictly advice-

B

bellestar

If you like make an animous call to your local police station. But if he is capable of what he did that is more dangerous for your kids than the cops.......

C

Confusedsoul

I think you should go with you insticts which say he may have raped someone. If he raped some you and your child are in dangour. If you remeber the date that he came home contact mybe your local police and see if there was any rapes reported. You could contact you local rape center to see if any one has reported of being rape on that night. Also I would try to get him type of help for drinking. If you don't mind me asking but where do you live at?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">