• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I gave a money to a person based on the promise of marriage which didn't happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

travan

I'm in Nevada.

I transferred a signifcent amount of money into a persons bank account and also sent a money gram to them through walmart. There was never a discusion of the money being a loan. There was a discusion of her returning home and possible marriage. The marriage never took place and now the person doesn't answer my e-mails or phone calls. Can I file charges against this person? Or do I have any legel rights to try and get this money back? Or is the money considered a gift?

Thanks..
Crying over wasted cash!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

I'm in Nevada.

I transferred a signifcent amount of money into a persons bank account and also sent a money gram to them through walmart. There was never a discusion of the money being a loan. There was a discusion of her returning home and possible marriage. The marriage never took place and now the person doesn't answer my e-mails or phone calls. Can I file charges against this person? Or do I have any legel rights to try and get this money back? Or is the money considered a gift?

Thanks..
Crying over wasted cash!!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It's a gift.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">