• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got to go to court for an infraction... what do i do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

warlock110

What is the name of your state? California
the story is this, me and 2 other friend went and pump ghost shrimp for fish bait, my friends both have license except for me, each of the license is allow to have 50 ghost shrimp so they total up @ 100. we went and got 99 (we counted) went up and saw a ranger, the dude counted the ghost shrimps again and asked me for my license, i told him i was just helping out my friend but he cited me for catching fish without license and i have to go to court for an infraction. What do i do? say i'm guilty, not guilty or guilty with an explanation?

i know every state law is different, i live in San Diego CA, and i'm over 18 already, this is the 1st time i went fishing (well the 1st time in restricted area anyway) i was't gonna keep the fish, i was just helping out, i didn't even have a fishing rod. and i don't feel like i violated any laws, this is acutally pissing me off because i don't feel like i did anything wrong. me and my friend thought that it was ok as long as we keep it to the limit of the license (they are new too, only got their license for a few days)

BTW do they have camera @ the beach? if they don't how can he proved that i was actually pumping the shrimp? he also told me that i would be better if i buy a license before the day of the court? i don't understand this, how can that help the situation?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">