• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got a ticket for skateboarding w/o protection equipment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fborg

What is the name of your state? CA

I got citated for skateboarding without protection equipment. Now, I've been given the opportunity to avoid criminal prosecution by performing community service (8 hours) and pay a 100$ participation fee. It says:"Failure to complete community service by the due date will result in criminal prosecution." I'm scared that I'll be put in prison if I ignore this citation. What will happen if I don't attend community service? Or should I get a lawyer?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fborg said:

I got citated for skateboarding without protection equipment. Now, I've been given the opportunity to avoid criminal prosecution by performing community service (8 hours) and pay a 100$ participation fee. It says:"Failure to complete community service by the due date will result in criminal prosecution." I'm scared that I'll be put in prison if I ignore this citation. What can I do if I don't want to attend community service? All I want, is to pay a fine and that's it.

My response:

You know, that's really tough sh!t. Start picking up trash along the highway with the rest of your buddies in orange jumpsuits.

IAAL

JETX

fborg said:
All I want, is to pay a fine and that's it.
Pretty simple. Ask them if they will take your offer of a $1500 fine instead of the $100 plus 8 hours.
They might just fall for it.
If they don't, your other option is likely jail.... and a criminal record.

fborg

JETX said:
Pretty simple. Ask them if they will take your offer of a $1500 fine instead of the $100 plus 8 hours.
They might just fall for it.
If they don't, your other option is likely jail.... and a criminal record.
yeah right... I don't even want to pay $100 just because I didn't skate with pads.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fborg said:
cool, thanks a lot!

My response:

You're welcome.

Also, remember not to use your seatbelt and harness when you're in a car, okay? When you go to your hearing, give the finger to the judge, and tell him "IAAL said I could do that to you, your Honor."

That should go over real big.

IAAL

fborg

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

You're welcome.

Also, remember not to use your seatbelt and harness when you're in a car, okay? When you go to your hearing, give the finger to the judge, and tell him "IAAL said I could do that to you, your Honor."

That should go over real big.

IAAL
ok, I will!

fborg

So, anyone here who knows what he's talking about? Please, no more stupid comments from desperated family law lawyers!

One more time, can I fight this ticket?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

fborg said:
So, anyone here who knows what he's talking about? Please, no more stupid comments from desperated family law lawyers!

One more time, can I fight this ticket?

My response:

No one is going to tell you how to circumvent a lawfully ticketed violation of the law.

That's not our purpose. Reread my original response to you.

IAAL

JETX

fborg said:
yeah right... I don't even want to pay $100 just because I didn't skate with pads.
Hi, Ho!
Hi, Ho!
Then its off to jail you go!!
You don't want to pay, you don't want to pay.
So, you have no say... you have no say!!
Hi, Ho!!
Hi, Ho!!
Hi, Ho!!
Hi, Ho!!

fborg

JETX said:
Hi, Ho!
Hi, Ho!
Then its off to jail you go!!
You don't want to pay, you don't want to pay.
So, you have no say... you have no say!!
Hi, Ho!!
Hi, Ho!!
Hi, Ho!!
Hi, Ho!!
HUH??? Who the **** are you? You think you're funny? I don't think so...

MY RESPONSE:

OK retards! This site is just a waste of time and I'm gonna get a lawyer for this ****ing BS. (you like this kind of language, right?)
Now, let me give you ****tards an advice: GET A ****ING LIFE!!!!!!!
How can you get over 3000 posts here (50% rude BS)? If you don't have anything to say just SHUT THE **** UP!!! And how can you be so rude (I've read some other posts of you guys) I bet you have to talk to a lot of asocial people everyday but don't get rid of your anger here. As I wrote, GET A LIFE (get some hobby, girlfriend or something like that) so you might be a little bit nicer to people.

Ohh.. and don't waste your time to reply because I won't go to this site ever again... [rename this site to www.freeretardcomments.com]

JETX

fborg said:
HUH??? Who the **** are you? You think you're funny? I don't think so...
I think I saw you on Funniest Home Videos!! Weren't you the idiot who tried to pipeline... and landed on his head!!!
Yep. Must'a been!! :rolleyes:

C

CheeseBlotto

Pay the money or go to prison. Your choice. (BTW, not a "Martha Stewart" prison, a real "pound me in the ass" prison").

CdwJava

fborg said:

I got citated for skateboarding without protection equipment. Now, I've been given the opportunity to avoid criminal prosecution by performing community service (8 hours) and pay a 100$ participation fee. It says:"Failure to complete community service by the due date will result in criminal prosecution." I'm scared that I'll be put in prison if I ignore this citation. What will happen if I don't attend community service? Or should I get a lawyer?
No prison, but county jail is a possibility in the long run.

This is a nothing citation unless you choose to make it one. Your only defense is that you were indeed wearing the designated safety devices. If you were NOT wearing the required safety gear, then your only defense might be that you did not know or that it was not properly designtaed. If there was no sign where you were you MIGHT stand a chance ... but that's iffy. And since this probably happened at a skate park, I'm gonna guess that the rules are posted at the entrance.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">