• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I have been a caretaker for a parent who is now accusing me of theft...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

txrdg

I live in Texas. I have been a caretaker for my mother, a 57 year old with a history of hallucinations and strokes. She offered me the use of her debit card to pay bills -- both for her and for myself as long as I paid any monies borrowed back. My two daughters, 15 and 14 witnessed this agreement. I did use her debit as permitted... once paying her 600.00 (which took care of 100% of money owed for that period, and another time paid 942.00 leaving a balance of roughly 100.00 still owing for that period. She is now accusing me of theft. She is denying ever allowing me access to her account. She is telling me that her bank has requested that she file federal charges against me. She has the receipts, etc... but she says she has none. Any advice would be welcome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">