• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I hope someone can help/defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kimd27

What is the name of your state? Illinois
I live in a rural town..and at every chance our states attorney will plaster over the local newspaper...people who have been brought in for questioning etc.Guilty or not.
A family member was charged with something...that is very false.He was charged due to revenge from his ex-wife.
I know when the local newspaper comes out friday that...his name will be on the front page.Is this legal? I think its mudslinging and a defamation of character. He will get shunned by the town..people will think hes guilty before even knowing the real story..his children will suffer at school.All because of a busy body who wants to put a feather in his hat.Our ex States Attorney never called the news media or broadcasted the story..unless the person was found guilty.
Please I hope someone can help or find information regarding this.

K

kimd27

thanks for replying..
however i think it is wrong..i consider it defamation of character and to the family.
The children will be treated badly at their school..all because of this.He isnt even guilty and the authorities know it..there were alot of loopholes they found regarding the case.
I still fail to believe there isnt something that can be done...about a person who is just a nosey busybody.
It should be stopped...until the person is either found guilty or not guilty.

K

kimd27

P.s.
I also know it isnt the newspaper thats commiting the act.They print what they get information on.
It's the States Attorney that does this.
Christ he is in a lawsuit over being charged with something himself..but do you think it will be broadcast on air..and newspapers? Uh, NO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">