• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was just conned by my ex-fiancé out of a bunch of money.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Groovyman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

Basically… she has been playing me from day one and gotten what she wanted out of the deal which was me paying for everything for her totaling approx. $30,000. Last week I found out she is now engaged to some other guy in Phoenix without even telling me or breaking up with me first. I actually found out through Facebook, which she blocked me a few weeks back but claimed her account got deleted. I have since found out that she has been doing this, going from men to men draining their pocket books and then moving on to the next victim.

So my question would be, is there anything I can legally do here? Anyway of recuperating some of my money back?

Please advise.

Thank you!!!

Antigone*

Basically… she has been playing me from day one and gotten what she wanted out of the deal which was me paying for everything for her totaling approx. $30,000. Last week I found out she is now engaged to some other guy in Phoenix without even telling me or breaking up with me first. I actually found out through Facebook, which she blocked me a few weeks back but claimed her account got deleted. I have since found out that she has been doing this, going from men to men draining their pocket books and then moving on to the next victim.

So my question would be, is there anything I can legally do here? Anyway of recuperating some of my money back?

Please advise.

Thank you!!!
You really took it in the shorts...big time. Groovyman, think of this as a very expensive lesson.

When you are in a relationship and expect payment back demand a promissory note with specific payment terms and conditions; otherwise demanding payment only when you've been dumped doesn't look credible.

HomeGuru

Please advise.

Thank you!!!

**A: post word for work the contents of the promissory note you had her sign before giving her the $30K. What, nothing in writing? Oh, I guess you were the next victim then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">