• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I may be in trouble.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UnattendedBag

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I created a fake Facebook account using the picture and name of the person whom I was pretending to be. I have openly admitted on the page that I am not really that person and most people realize this by now.
The reasons I did this were juvenile I admit. She had taken pictures from my profile after a fight and started using them as her display pictures. Her husband also sent me a few threats in an email stating that he was going to rape and kill my two year old daughter and my entire family. I went to the police with a copy of the email, he had signed his name and left his phone number at the bottom but the police told me that since it came from his girlfriends account and not his it was a third party threat and they couldn't do anything besides document it.
Now the person I am impersonating knows about the page and says that she has the police and the F.B.I. involved. I have not caused her any harm from anyone in anyway as most know it's not really her and that is how I wanted it. I think it's a civil matter if anything but I need to know for sure. Please, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. FYI the page is now deactivated via Facebook.

Proserpina

Frankly you ALL need to grow up.

IF she has the police involved, you'll be notified in due time.

I do believe she's blowing smoke though, trying to scare you. However it cannot be discounted that she is actually taking legal action.

If she does - you need an attorney.

And quit with the childish games. It's ridiculous.

UnattendedBag

I already said that I realize how stupidly childish it all was. I am only needing to know if it is actually a criminal matter or is it only a civil matter?

swalsh411

It could be, yes. Probably not though since (at least you claim) caused her no real harm. If you had pretended to be her and goaded somebody into suicide that would be a different matter.

acmb05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I created a fake Facebook account using the picture and name of the person whom I was pretending to be. I have openly admitted on the page that I am not really that person and most people realize this by now.
The reasons I did this were juvenile I admit. She had taken pictures from my profile after a fight and started using them as her display pictures. Her husband also sent me a few threats in an email stating that he was going to rape and kill my two year old daughter and my entire family. I went to the police with a copy of the email, he had signed his name and left his phone number at the bottom but the police told me that since it came from his girlfriends account and not his it was a third party threat and they couldn't do anything besides document it.
Seriously? I would think they would do more than that.

Now your little pranks have escalated to threats of violence to your family.

Now the person I am impersonating knows about the page and says that she has the police and the F.B.I. involved.
Yea, not likely. You really think the FBI cares that two morons are battling each other with childish games on facebook.

I have not caused her any harm from anyone in anyway as most know it's not really her and that is how I wanted it. I think it's a civil matter if anything but I need to know for sure. Please, any advice on this would be greatly appreciated. FYI the page is now deactivated via Facebook.
Which is the only thing that could have happened anyway.

So were you banging her husband or did she bang your boyfriend or something?

Last edited:

Dillon

Seriously? I would think they would do more than that.

Now your little pranks have escalated to threats of violence to your family.

Yea, not likely. You really think the FBI cares that two morons are battling each other with childish games on facebook.

Which is the only thing that could have happened anyway.

So were you banging her husband or did she bang your boyfriend or something?
dont admit anything to anyone, maybe move to a new location

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">