• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need advice and need it fast....please HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dreamideal

What is the name of your state? New York

I am currently involved in a grand larceny charge against me. I go to court on the 17th of September. I'm really trying desparately to get the charges dismissed. By the DA's own admission, the court complaint was typed up wrong (which led to inaccurate information). What are my chances of getting this case dismissed on those grounds?

TYRIS

dreamideal said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I am currently involved in a grand larceny charge against me. I go to court on the 17th of September. I'm really trying desparately to get the charges dismissed. By the DA's own admission, the court complaint was typed up wrong (which led to inaccurate information). What are my chances of getting this case dismissed on those grounds?

you will have to provide more information for assistance. what is the grand larcency charge and how did the court type it up wrong.

Tyris

D

dreamideal

My previous employer claims i ordered $7,000 dollars worth of merchandise to the account. First they stated that I quit employment after they approached me about the merchandise. I was in fact laid off and the DA admitted that there was an error in the way the court complaint was typed. In my opinion that shows that they do not know who did this and it was just easier to blame me. because I was no longer there (my last day of employment was 3/28....i was contacted about the merchandise on 4/2). Correct me if I'm wrong, but if it was okay to just say 'oops, I made a mistake', then there would never be any convictions. I'd appreciate your feedback on this. I'm extremely pressed. Thanks!

JETX

And EXACTLY what does you defense attorney say about this???
You do have one, don't you??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">