• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help with a felony charge...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TSanes

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

Ok, here we go. In June I was charged with a Felony theft charge. I admitted it, I did it. It was my first criminal offense ever. I was told I would hear from the DA's office. It's now October almost November and I have yet to hear anything. Not only that but I made the mistake of committing the same mistake again. So this month I was once again charged with a felony theft, my second criminal charge in my life. Now, I will do anything so that I don't do jail time. I'm 21 and my family has no idea that I have two felony charges against me. I do not want them to know but if I go to jail there's no avoiding that. What am I looking at as my sentence if they ever get around to getting the case to court? Second question, because these thefts occurred at my job I am no longer employed. My mother wants to hire me to work for her, but her company requires a criminal background check. Even though I haven't been convicted only charged will this show up on that background check? Anyone that can answer me these questions ASAP it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Tanya

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">