• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need help immediately

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SameeraP123

(kentucky) i am 18 years old. my parents went out of town...They had said i could have a few people over- but of course it got out of hand... a detective shows up and says that he could smell alcohol on this kid's breath who was standing outside of my house. i know that the party was not noisy and all the cars were parked on 1 side of the streetso i do not know why exactly he was outside of my house.. but he entered and ended up kicking everybody out and giving me a citation for "posession of alcohol: numerous beers, southern comfort whiskey, and vodka while having a small party at ----- [address]------)
i have a court date... what do i do? i can't tell my parents they would never understand.. they honestly would not pay for college for me if they found out. how can i take care of this myself?
and did the detective have any right to enter my house?
none of the alcohol was mine but since it was my house i realize that i should have been more responsible but what do i do now??
no one was charged with consumption and i was not - so can that in anyway be used as defense? any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated... please e-mail me at [email protected]
thank you VERY much

B

blidiot

Ooooo.. I love tough questions.

First, get a good lawyer. Some of the questions you asked, like if the detective could enter the home, are good ones. In most places he may have every right because: he suspects a crime in progress (under-age drinking), knows that people can get sick or hurt by it, and, that evidence is quickly and easily disposable.

Secondly, you are 18. You do not have to tell Mom and Dad what happened. But how are you going to pay for the expensive lawyer?

Thirdly, don't assume your parents won't understand or be somewhat sympathetic. They'll probably sigh and say, "We told you so." Just explain to them what happened and apologize like crazy.

Fourth, if they throw you out of the house you can go back to campus, work full time, pay your own way through college and drink underage all you want.

Do you have a drinking problem? Get help!

C

CombatTN88

SameeraP123 said:
(kentucky) i am 18 years old. my parents went out of town...They had said i could have a few people over- but of course it got out of hand... a detective shows up and says that he could smell alcohol on this kid's breath who was standing outside of my house. i know that the party was not noisy and all the cars were parked on 1 side of the streetso i do not know why exactly he was outside of my house.. but he entered and ended up kicking everybody out and giving me a citation for "posession of alcohol: numerous beers, southern comfort whiskey, and vodka while having a small party at ----- [address]------)
i have a court date... what do i do? i can't tell my parents they would never understand.. they honestly would not pay for college for me if they found out. how can i take care of this myself?
and did the detective have any right to enter my house?
none of the alcohol was mine but since it was my house i realize that i should have been more responsible but what do i do now??
no one was charged with consumption and i was not - so can that in anyway be used as defense? any and all help will be GREATLY appreciated... please e-mail me at [email protected]
thank you VERY much
Your parents trusted you, but since you are 18 years old. They for sure will boot you out. What were you doing drinking at 18? can't wait until 21 years old?

That detective is probalay a pal of your folks which is why he didn't break a law to enter your house.

Regards, COmbat

N

niki8

:eek: he has the right to enter, plead guilty or grow up or tell mom and dad. your choice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">