• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need to know the punishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

conanmori

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My friend and I went to a farm and cut down an apple tree in the midnight , then we put it in our car to take it home. A policeman saw that , he got our names, addresses and let us go home. Yesterday, we recieved a letters said that we had to go to trial court , we were committed " steal over 250$ and tresspassing , damage grass and tree" . We really did not know that apple tree costs over 250$.
Please tell us, what is the punishment for our stupid action?

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

conanmori said:
What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

My friend and I went to a farm and cut down an apple tree in the midnight , then we put it in our car to take it home. A policeman saw that , he got our names, addresses and let us go home. Yesterday, we recieved a letters said that we had to go to trial court , we were committed " steal over 250$ and tresspassing , damage grass and tree" . We really did not know that apple tree costs over 250$.
Please tell us, what is the punishment for our stupid action?

Thanks

Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me
Anyone else but me, anyone else but me
No! No! No!
Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me
Till I come marchin' home

You'll be gettin' thirty days with a big Black guy named Bubba.
A guy named Bubba, A guy named Bubba
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Don't be chopping down apple trees with anyone else but me,
Anyone else but me, anyone else but me.
Unless you like 438 pound Black guys named Bubba!

Don't bend over to pick up the soap, with anyone else but Bubba
Anyone else but Bubba, anyone else but Bubba
No! No! No!
Don't pick that soap up off the floor
Unless you like getting boinked by Bubba
Everyone else but me, everyone else but me!
Till you come marchin' bowlegged home!

Good luck!

IAAL

D

DogToenails

Its hard to say. It depends if you plea down to a contempt of core. But even then, you could always a peel.

W

wife43

No jail time, I would suppose

To: I am Liable,

Do you take everything as a joke, they asked a ?, and you are just to humorous and insulting. By your response, only makes you more the ummm...not professional.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: No jail time, I would suppose

wife43 said:
To: I am Liable,

Do you take everything as a joke, they asked a ?, and you are just to humorous and insulting. By your response, only makes you more the ummm...not professional.

My response:

Criminals are worthless people. They are are complete waste of DNA. The stupid things they do to get themselves into trouble is hilarious - - and I will always make fun of them - - just because they are so incredibly stupid.

Criminals are not worth my professional time. They harm good people, they deserve to be locked up and away from society.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wife43

and btw Liable

I went to Stanford too 1979-1983, you are so arrogant... please!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: and btw Liable

wife43 said:
I went to Stanford too 1979-1983, you are so arrogant... please!

My response:

Yes, I am extremely arrogant. I fully admit it. That's because I know more than the average person - - and that makes me better.

You may have graduated Stanford like myself, but I'll bet you didn't go there on a full scholarship like I did! Do you know why? Because I'm better than you, and I'm smarter than you.

Bite me!

IAAL

W

wife43

kudos to you.

Full ride huh? Great Job, but does it take being arrogant to get your point across. I think you should be a bit more humble and more professional no matter the forum you are speaking. I noticed 22,000 post? Most that I know wouldn't waste their time doing this and if they did, they are not here to get their kudos to people that are criminals or to victims.

Get a life is what I would recommend, spend some quality time with family.

Good Luck

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: kudos to you.

wife43 said:
Full ride huh? Great Job, but does it take being arrogant to get your point across.

MY RESPONSE: Yes, and yes.

I think you should be a bit more humble and more professional no matter the forum you are speaking.

MY RESPONSE: That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. However, I don't see life in liberal terms. So, if you don't mind, I'll use humor or a bludgeon if I feel the need, and as the situation warrants.

I noticed 22,000 post? Most that I know wouldn't waste their time doing this and if they did, they are not here to get their kudos to people that are criminals or to victims.

MY RESPONSE: Good for you. If you were an attorney, I'd explain further. Since you're not, I won't waste my time on you.

Get a life is what I would recommend, spend some quality time with family.

MY RESPONSE: Got a life. Did you read my profile completely? Apparently not. Try one yourself - - maybe you'd like it.

IAAL

Last edited by a moderator:

JETX

"we were committed " steal over 250$ and tresspassing , damage grass and tree"
*** Wow!! Massachusetts take theft REAL seriously.

CHAPTER 266. CRIMES AGAINST PROPERTY

M.G.L Chapter 266: Section 30 Larceny; general provisions and penalties
"(1) Whoever steals, or with intent to defraud obtains by a false pretence, or whoever unlawfully, and with intent to steal or embezzle, converts, or secretes with intent to convert, the property of another as defined in this section, whether such property is or is not in his possession at the time of such conversion or secreting, shall be guilty of larceny, and shall, if the property stolen is a firearm, as defined in section one hundred and twenty-one of chapter one hundred and forty, or, if the value of the property stolen exceeds two hundred and fifty dollars, be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years, or by a fine of not more than twenty-five thousand dollars and imprisonment in jail for not more than two years;"

And for the trespass and cutting:
"Chapter 242: Section 7 Willful trespass to trees, etc.; damages
A person who without license willfully cuts down, carries away, girdles or otherwise destroys trees, timber, wood or underwood on the land of another shall be liable to the owner in tort for three times the amount of the damages assessed therefor; but if it is found that the defendant had good reason to believe that the land on which the trespass was committed was his own or that he was otherwise lawfully authorized to do the acts complained of, he shall be liable for single damages only."

Last edited:
M

malk

put him in his place

Way to go wife43, good to see some people stand up to that guy.
I think he's a waste of dna, nah not really I'm not rude like that, but it really makes me sad to see that people have so much time to waste to come here and make fun of people mistakes.
People come here for advice to get an idea of what might happen in court, and i think its a wonderful idea.
Just wish that would filter out the people who make jokes and rude comments. Then this place would be the best!!!!!
for eveyone out there thats helping people, keep it up, and thank you. For the others, please find something better to do with your time. Cant wait to see what he'll say about me now...*L*
Copy and paste away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

jh112

I saw your post w/the answers, then not a minute later your edited response. I have read and reread this whole thread to find a response from "conanmori" that you refer to: JETX
since I have deleted it after seeing your response to this forum.
I know I was quick enough to catch your deletion and edit, but did I miss another post from "conanmori" or were you refering to "malk"? I am trying to decide if it is a blonde day for me or what!?! Just now gave it ONE more look to see what I missed.....

JETX

jh112:

My editing of my post was in response to the idiotic rantings of this 'malk' jerk. In error, I assumed that he was somehow associated with the original poster that started this thread. My assumption was in error, and I have corrected my mistake by replacing the deleted text.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">