• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some advice please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

upsetinsc11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC
My estranged husband was selling drugs from our home but I was afraid to go to the police because he is very unstable, owns lots of guns and just plain scares me. I -for what reason i can not fathom - decided to stage an attempted burglury against an unknown assailant in order to try and get the police to investigate his drug dealing without my actually being involved in ratting him out because I feared what he may do. My thought was that I would tell the police it was a druggie looking to score as a result of my soon to be ex-husbands dealings and that the investigation would result in his being caught for what everyone knew he was doing. I didn't accuse him of the break-in, i said it was someone i did not recognize so no person was actually harmed by this; however, i want to come clean with the police. I am afraid of what charges i could face. I was only trying to protect myself and my children from this raging lunatic but realize i have gone about it the wrong way. Any advice? Please?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

you need to go speak with a lawyer about this. Depending what happened, the consequences could be very severe. You should have the counsel of a lawyer who can look at all the facts before advising what action would be best for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">