• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I need some tips on fighting an MIP.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Billaay57

What is the name of your state? Michigan
I recently got arrested passed-out in my car, and I had been drinking. I have had some bad luck in the passed but I know that I don't have a drinking problem, just bad luck.My pre-trial is comming up and I will speak with the prosecuting attourney but will have no defence lawyer. I have also been through AA in the past as well as misc. alcohol classes, I cannot afford the points. Help me please.

Shay-Pari'e

Billaay57 said:
I recently got arrested passed-out in my car, and I had been drinking. I have had some bad luck in the passed but I know that I don't have a drinking problem, just bad luck.My pre-trial is comming up and I will speak with the prosecuting attourney but will have no defence lawyer. I have also been through AA in the past as well as misc. alcohol classes, I cannot afford the points. Help me please.
Help you with what? Untill you admit that you do have a problem, there is no help. I don't want you behind the wheel of a car.

outonbail

Billaay57 said:

Lets see if I'm understanding this correctly,,,

You were recently arrested (however not the first time this has happened) when you were passed out in your vehicle. (I assume you were passed out from being drunk, not due to lack of sleep) You have been through AA already as well as other miscellaneous alcohol classes. You've gone through all of these drinking/being arrested for drinking/being ordered to counseling for drinking and now, you've come here because you have again, been arrested for being passed out in your car from drinking. All this and your still only a minor. Your not even of legal age to be drinking!

However, in spite of all these recent legal/drinking troubles, you know that you don't have a drinking problem?

In fact, according to your post, what you believe, is that you have just ran into a streak of bad luck,,,,

So you believe you have a bad luck problem and now your asking for help with your bad luck problem,,,,,

Is this some kind of joke?

Because I don't believe, that anywhere on planet earth, there can actually be people who are truly this stupid.
I think even a brick would realize it has a drinking problem by now,,, even a stupid brick would have to know, that by this point, there's more than bad luck involved here.

So, when you ask, "Help me please", what exactly, are you expecting in the way of help? I wouldn't be able to teach a brick anything at all and I don't believe anyone else on this site can either. Since a brick has more of a chance of seeing it has a drinking problem than you do, there is no such thing as help available to you, because you are not capable of comprehending what the cause of all your legal trouble is.

You don't need legal advice, you need a brick,,,,, planted right up the side of your big stupid head!

Happy Trails

Must have forgotten to bring his "Lucky Charms" with him, when he decided to break the law.

Michigan has a "Zero-tolerance" law permitting no blood alcohol for drivers under the age of 21.

Drivers under the age of 21 who are found to have any blood alcohol while driving will lose their license (so, no need for the "rabbits foot" hanging on the key chain, heck it wasn't working anyway) and you'll also have four points added to your driving record. If you can not afford to drive with all the points, then you should find alternative ways of getting around.

You will also be responsible for fines and/or community service. (See below.)

Misdemeanor – fine up to $100 for first offense, $200 for second offense, and $500 for subsequent offenses. Also may be required to undergo substance abuse treatment.

G

Gevalia

Happy Trails said:
Drivers under the age of 21 who are found to have any blood alcohol while driving will lose their license (so, no need for the "rabbits foot" hanging on the key chain, heck it wasn't working anyway) and you'll also have four points added to your driving record. If you can not afford to drive with all the points, then you should find alternative ways of getting around.
Oh, c'mon, you know this guy's gonna drive anyway. Then when he gets popped for that, he'll be back here whining about his luck again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">