• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I received a false statement ticket....have questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Janese29

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My fiance' has a suspended license. He was driving my vehicle to school and backed into someone. There was no damage to the other vehicle or to mine, so they agreed not to call the police, but someone who witnessed the incident did call the police. On a scared stupid whim, we came back to the scene and I initially said I was driving and instantly revoked my statement after I realized what I did. I still received a ticket for false statement to a police officer ( I never signed any statement, btw) and unauthorized driver. My question, (Im in kansas btw as well), is I am a Registered Nurse. Is this a felony or misdemeanor, should I just go to court without representation and pay the fine or what kind of punishment am I looking at? I do not want this to affect my nursing license ? Do I need a lawyer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">