• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i think i'm getting screwed by the government

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thenewbie

What is the name of your state? CA

Ok here's the situation, My company is one of the two suppliers of a service in my city. I think my competitor has an in with someone in the city so basically he keeps on doing projects for the city all at or near $10,000 so all the projects go straight to him and never are up to bid. At first I didn't want to take any action on this hunch (i did get a little inside info), but now my company is about to run out of money and I need to take action. What steps can I take? Any help here would be greatly appretiated since the last thing I want is for my company to have to split up.

JETX

"What steps can I take?"
*** Last I checked, there is no such thing as a 'Government Contract Fairy' who could wave her magic wand and undo what you perceive as improper contract practices. Contact an attorney. Pretty simple.

Bigfoot

You also want to know what the city's threshold is in obtaining bids. In other words, their rules may be that they need to obtain bids if the cost is expected to be over $X.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">