• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to avoid someone from commiting fraud or doing something under my name.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ortiz418

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I have a situation, if someone is calling me non-stop and hangs up when I answer and they know my name and number can they commit fraud? I don't know who this guy is that called me but when I looked up the number there's a list of reports about this number and they said contact a agency and tell them about a fraud/security problems. I'm in college and I don't need anybody trying to commit fraud or do anything in my name. This is annoying and I want it to stop however I don't know what to do.:mad:

Some Random Guy

Contact the telephone company, tell them about the harassment and have them block calls to you from that number.

From what you describe, this person has the same information about you that they could get from any ordinary phone book. Block him and move on.

Wartrace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I have a situation, if someone is calling me non-stop and hangs up when I answer and they know my name and number can they commit fraud? I don't know who this guy is that called me but when I looked up the number there's a list of reports about this number and they said contact a agency and tell them about a fraud/security problems. I'm in college and I don't need anybody trying to commit fraud or do anything in my name. This is annoying and I want it to stop however I don't know what to do.:mad:
Block the calls via your phone company. DO NOT CONTACT the so called "agency". If they know the number & know the owner of the number is commiting fraud, what do they need you for? When you contact them they will probably be looking for personal information that you will provide.

Do you have a link to the agency's website? I sure would like to get a look at it:)

Easiest & safest way to protect yourself is to have the number blocked & forget about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">