• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to know about petty theft..........

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ineedhelpat916

I got caught stolen something at walmart worth $10 and i am only 14 years old what are the fines that i will have to pay? Please help me out!

CdwJava

ineedhelpat916 said:
I got caught stolen something at walmart worth $10 and i am only 14 years old what are the fines that i will have to pay? Please help me out!
Were the police involved?

I believe you (or, rather, your parents) can be held liable for a substantial civil assessment ... up to $250, I think (but it might be higher). And that's if no court is involved. If you go to court and lose, it might be higher.

Oh! And it also depends on what state you are in. If the "916" in your handle refers to the 916 area code, then you are in the Sacramento area of CA.

Carl

I

ineedhelpat916

The police was not involve in this and do they send a bill to me to pay or i will have to go to court. Oh and yes i lived in sacramento ca.

tami123

Oh! And it also depends on what state you are in. If the "916" in your handle refers to the 916 area code, then you are in the Sacramento area of CA.

Dang Carl, you are good!

stephenk

your parents will be receiving a letter soon from the store advising them how much they will owe for your shoplifting. plus, you will be barred from going back to walmart.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You're about the 5th person today who wrote in about stealing from Wal-Mart.

Why is Wal-Mart such a huge target for thieves? What does Wal-Mart sell - - gold plated products?

IAAL

n_and

The laws change state to state and year to year, but when I was about your age I got caught shoplifting at wal-mart. I returned the stuff, there was no fine, but I was banned from Wal-Mart for a year (and grounded for about that long). My case was filed in 1 year, providing I didn't get in any more trouble. In other words, it's not on my record.

Good luck. (and stop stealing!!! ;) )

I

ineedhelpat916

Thanks (n and) what did you stole and how much was it worth.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ineedhelpat916 said:
Thanks (n and) what did you stole and how much was it worth.

My response:

I'll tell you what she DIDN'T "steal". She didn't steal the English language! Try learning how to properly use it. The question should have been, "What did you steal, and how much was it worth."

IAAL

n_and

I wish I had a stole...a nice mink one!

I stole 2 bottles of nail polish and a stupid little one-time use polaroid camera. If you're wondering, it was not worth it! My dad kicked my butt and grounded me for like, 7 months.

IAAL, if you read this - What kind of a mood are you in and how much do you love me today?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

n_and said:
IAAL, if you read this - What kind of a mood are you in and how much do you love me today?

My response:

I'm supposing the "grounding" occurred only last week!

I’m in the mood for love simply because you’re near me
Funny but when you’re near me, I’m in the mood for love.
Heaven was in your eyes, bright as the stars we’re under,
Or is it any wonder, I’m in the mood for love.
Why stop to think of whether this little dream might fade,
We’ll put our hearts together - now we are one, I’m not afraid.
If there’s a cloud above, if it should rain, we’ll let it.
But for tonight forget it, I’m in the mood for love.

IAAL

n_and

I'm supposing the "grounding" occurred only last week!
You know how old I am!!! It was over 8 years ago.

You always make me smile, do you know that? So now, at the risk of you getting wicked pissy at me....

I know I'm beating at a dead horse, I know you've already said your piece. Will you boot tami123? She's so bothersome, and has offered legal advice 4 times, and made fun of other members of the forum at least 50. Please!??

And, if you're mad at me for asking....I'll send you pics of me in a bikini!!!! ;)

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

n_and said:
You know how old I am!!! It was over 8 years ago.

You always make me smile, do you know that? So now, at the risk of you getting wicked pissy at me....

I know I'm beating at a dead horse, I know you've already said your piece. Will you boot tami123? She's so bothersome, and has offered legal advice 4 times, and made fun of other members of the forum at least 50. Please!??

And, if you're mad at me for asking....I'll send you pics of me in a bikini!!!! ;)

My response:

I can't, just yet. I haven't seen where's she's crossed the line. However, I did tell her to leave Paridise alone and, if she doesn't, that would be crossing the line, subjecting her to immediate punishment - - like tying her up.

Hey, send the pics anyway! Mary will forward them on to me!

(I gotta see this!)

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">