• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want press charges for fictitious registration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MKIV

What is the name of your state? VA

This an on going problem with a car sale gone wrong. Back in May 2003, I sold my car to a guy in NC under a contract and allowed him to make payments to me to pay-off the lien, so my bank would release the title to me, then I to him. Everything that could go wrong did. We never received a cent and for 6 months I thought I was frauded, because we couldn't contact him. I contacted the police in NC who seized the vehicle, not on my behalf, but because he was using a fictitious registration and plates and uninsured. The fake plates happened to be the same model, so he could've gotten away with it if they didn't check the VIN. The police didn't charge him, I heard he started crying and everything. Well, I want him charged, if something happened to that car I would've been screwed.

My question is do I have to go to his city in NC to file charges or can I do this in VA? And if I have to see the magistrate in NC, can I go to the closest NC city to me? And if anyone can give me the NC law codes so I can prepare my case to the magistrate. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">