• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

identity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pandapooh

What is the name of your state? north carolina. on august 2002 my business was broken into and all of my personal and business information was also stolen. recently, i filed a police report and cancelled all of my credit cards, but still my social security no# is being used. the officer told me to check with the social security administration to see if they can issue my another social security no#. can this be done if your identity is stolen. what are some other methods that i can take to solve this issue.

P

pandapooh

i didn' understand your reply to my question. i'm trying to say that my social security no# is being used by the person who broke into my shop. this theif is opening accounts by using my social security no# i would like to now that if i notify the social security place of this, can they issue a new social security no# to a person who has been a victim of identity theft.

racer72

Please ignore Sam, he is confused. Have you checked out the links I left? All the answers you want are available on those sites.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">