• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity "theft"?????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blue222

:confused: (Atlanta Georgia)

I'm hoping you can help me.
Years ago when I was 19/20 years old, my best friend and I loved to go out to clubs, the problem was she was 21 and I wasn't, I wasn't allowed in places because of this. We divised a plan to end this, my friend gave me her birth certificate and social security card to get a state id in her name, we thought nothing of it at the time. It was regular procedure plus a Fingerprint scan. It worked and I got the id. A year or so later I moved to another state and started a new life, I never used that i.d for ANYTHING except getting into discos. Now that I am older and more mature I am worried about returning back home, worried about applying for a state id in my name and having the police swarm me as I put my finger on the scan. Unfortunately my best friend died late 2003 from an aeorta tear. Before she died she mentioned that she had a problem getting her license when she applied and MY picture came up on the screen, she explained her way out it and things worked out fine. Needless to say I am worried, I realise what a STUPID thing that was to do, but I am worried sick! Am I fugitive/criminal?????
Please help, I am out of state and want to return to live there and raise my family.
Thanks for your time.

JETX

blue222 said:
Am I fugitive/criminal?????
Probably not.
However, you will have to step forward and resolve this if you want to put it behind you. Hiding and avoiding will not fix this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">