• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

identity theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

choozen0409

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York... Ok... I moved to North Carolina 4/2013 from New York. . In March 2014 I was stop in a traffic stop and was told I had a sealed indictment. I bonded out 25k. After research I found it was identity theft 1st degree. Basically having cable in someone name and lease was in my name. I have 2 prior felony convictions 10+ years ago. When I turn myself in how likely is it that I will get a bail or bond and roughly how much?

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer. Why was the cable in someone else's name? Did you not pay the cable bill? There has to be more to it...

choozen0409

You need a lawyer. Why was the cable in someone else's name? Did you not pay the cable bill? There has to be more to it...
I have a lawyer. My roommate lied to me and said it was in his name but he really put it in someone else's name. And I don't know if he paid the bill or not. That was his only obligation.

choozen0409

Basically nothing. What are the details of the situation? As it stands now what you're saying makes no sense..... I let someone move in. It wasn't cable there so he said he will get it turned on in his name. Come to find out he got it turned on in someone else's name.
i

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">