• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity Theft Advice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hme1981

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I just got married and while on my honeymoon we used my husbands credit card once for our rental car. Well now that we are back I see that there was some usage on his card not only from the car rental agency. We know that someone from the rental agency had to have used the card number because we just moved and no one else (money, bank wise) except for them knows our new address. Should I get a lawyer and take some legal action against them or what should I do?

Thanks!

seniorjudge

hme1981 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I just got married and while on my honeymoon we used my husbands credit card once for our rental car. Well now that we are back I see that there was some usage on his card not only from the car rental agency. We know that someone from the rental agency had to have used the card number because we just moved and no one else (money, bank wise) except for them knows our new address. Should I get a lawyer and take some legal action against them or what should I do?

Thanks!
What did the credit card company reply in writing to your letter sent certified mail return receipt requested disputing the charges?

hme1981

seniorjudge said:
What did the credit card company reply in writing to your letter sent certified mail return receipt requested disputing the charges?
I'm sorry I don't understand what you are asking. The card has been cancelled and they are taking care of everything so we don't have to pay for what we didn't order.

hme1981

Shay-Pari'e said:
You really do not know the answer to this yourself?
I'm asking for advice about how to go about this the RIGHT way. I didn't ask for stupid comments. If I knew the answer I would obviously not ask on here.

Shay-Pari'e

hme1981 said:
I'm asking for advice about how to go about this the RIGHT way. I didn't ask for stupid comments. If I knew the answer I would obviously not ask on here.

The point is, you got your answer from SJ, then still came back whining.

If you do not know how to handle this, you should not have a bank account anywhere.

Grow up.

hme1981

Shay-Pari'e said:
hme1981 said:

The point is, you got your answer from SJ, then still came back whining.

If you do not know how to handle this, you should not have a bank account anywhere.

Grow up.
I'm sorry that you don't know how to handle things. I have read how you act like a teenager towards others, maybe it's not me that needs to grow up its you. No where on here does it say please leave your ignorant comments. Seeing that you like arguements my time isn't worth this.

Shay-Pari'e

hme1981 said:
Shay-Pari'e said:
I'm sorry that you don't know how to handle things. I have read how you act like a teenager towards others, maybe it's not me that needs to grow up its you. No where on here does it say please leave your ignorant comments. Seeing that you like arguements my time isn't worth this.

I do know how to handle things, it is you that can't get a clue about anything. I'm glad to hear your time isn't worth THIS, .....that frees up your time for some much needed education on how the world works.

Geez,...you expect the police to track down daddio for your support.:rolleyes: The world doesn't owe you a thing.

hme1981

Shay-Pari'e said:
hme1981 said:
Shay-Pari'e said:

I do know how to handle things, it is you that can't get a clue about anything. I'm glad to hear your time isn't worth THIS, .....that frees up your time for some much needed education on how the world works.

Geez,...you expect the police to track down daddio for your support.:rolleyes: The world doesn't owe you a thing.
If you knew anything of the problems that the world faces then you would care. You probably have never expierenced any of these problems and never will or maybe you are a dead beat dad. I don't understand why you are saying these things. Do you not understand it hurts peoples feelings?

Shay-Pari'e

hme1981 said:
Shay-Pari'e said:
hme1981 said:
If you knew anything of the problems that the world faces then you would care. That was rather a dumb thing to say. Your problem is not the WORLDS problem.

You probably have never expierenced any of these problems and never will or maybe you are a dead beat dad. Actually, we did experience this. A check with our account number but a different name and address was written at Toy's R Us for 500 bucks. We also contacted our bank, closed our account and moved on with our life. I'm am also not a dead beat anything. Hard working married gal here with two great kids, and have never needed the assistance of welfare.

I don't understand why you are saying these things. Do you not understand it hurts peoples feelings? Gesus, do you need your hand held?

Last edited:

hme1981

If you don't have anything positive to say then stop replying. Obviously this is the worlds problem because the world is full of criminals and crooked people running around. And no I dont expect the world to wait on me hand and foot but I do expect the police to do their damn job and help. Around here there are no crimes and when there are nothing gets done. And since this did happen to you, you must be a millionaire or just don't care. $500 easily gone to someone who stole it.... Maybe it's just me but I don't have over a $1,000 to give to someone else. It looks like you just let the criminal run free without facing any charges and I do not plan on letting that happen. If it can happen to you and me then it can happen to someone else and why let that happen? Exactly now bring on your smart ass comments because that is all you have to give.

And now seeing that you never needed welfare assistance you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You have never needed help so you don't understand why people need help getting their money.

Last edited:

mb94

So, let's get this straight. You were the victim of credit card theft (not identity theft by the way unless the people also took your social security number and are applying for loans/jobs/etc. in your name). The credit card company is dealing with it and you are not out any money since you don't have to pay for the things they bought.

You want to hire a lawyer and sue who exactly? See, you're not out any money. The credit card company is. So they are the ones who will have to go to court. As for a criminal case I guess you could file a police report about the charges (if the credit card company hasn't already) but you don't need a lawyer to do that.

Really, between this and your other post do you have any idea how the real world works? Thinking that you have to get a lawyer because your credit card number was stolen. Thinking the cops have the time to play debt collector.

Shay-Pari'e

hme1981 said:
If you don't have anything positive to say then stop replying. I'm not going to tell you what you want to hear. This is not Dr.phil.com. I will also respond if I choos to do so.
Obviously this is the worlds problem because the world is full of criminals and crooked people running around. And no I dont expect the world to wait on me hand and foot but I do expect the police to do their damn job and help. It is not the job of the police to hunt down your baby's daddy. Get real.

Around here there are no crimes and when there are nothing gets done. Do you thinkl this statement made sense? It is not your job to tell the police how to handle their job.

And since this did happen to you, you must be a millionaire or just don't care. $500 easily gone to someone who stole it....No darling, you see the bank investigates these kind of things. The money was put back in our account.

Maybe it's just me but I don't have over a $1,000 to give to someone else.But yet you expect others to support YOU?

It looks like you just let the criminal run free without facing any charges and I do not plan on letting that happen.OMG! You are just to much. It is out of your hands, just as it was out of mine. it is up to the bank to investigate your claim. If they find fraud, it will be reported. If it is reported, it is the states job to prosecute, not yours.

If it can happen to you and me then it can happen to someone else and why let that happen?Because it happens all the time. You are not special honey, I know you want to think you are, but sadly you are not.

Exactly now bring on your smart ass comments because that is all you have to give. Support yourself without welfare and CP, then teach the police how to do their job.

Gee, I take it your money was not put back into your account? Mine was.

To answer your other question,****************************......No millionare, bit 6 digit numbers are pretty good.

Shay-Pari'e

(QUOTE)And now seeing that you never needed welfare assistance you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You have never needed help so you don't understand why people need help getting their money(QUOTE)

Do you realize how pathetic you sound? I need to be on welfare to know how it works? Honey, I am paying your welfare! If you are receiving welfare, how is that "You are getting the money you deserve"? Why do you deserve my money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">