• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

identity theft, driver/insurance fraud, theft by deception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idenity4709

PENNSYLVANIA & NEW JERSEY
Was arrested in Philadelphia on FOJ (Fugitive of Justice) warrant from New Jersey
(Trenton). I have never seen the charges but do that it relates to identity theft, drivers
license fraud and theft by deception. A good part of that exists only in the minds of the
prosecutors. Did not waive extradtion and was released on bail.
What should I expect when I go to court in Philly in August?
If there any easy way to fight extradition?
What other options could I exercise (can I ask for time to put my affairs in order)?
I will lose 30% of my bail (almost $1700 cash) when I show up and won’t be able to
get any money back for 30 days. If I sign that money over to a New Jersey lawyer,
can he get around that.
If I am not successful at fighting extradtion, will they take me to New Jersey right on
the spot?
Would I be better off turning myself in to New Jersey?
How can I find out what my bail will be in New Jersey?
The catch is I hardly have any money right now to hire a lawyer. My brother got me out
but he won’t put out any more $ until original bail comes back.

FlyingRon

I'm surely confused. You may be innocent of the charges but you're expected to face them in court in NJ. You have nobody but yourself to blame for your shenanigans in the Pennsylvania court system.

Contact a lawyer in Trenton immediately and ask. Whether they will work pending recovery of the bail money I can't say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">