• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If never actually arrested, do I have a criminal record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amarillo

In Missouri, I was cited (given a ticket) six years ago for petty theft ($16.00). Never read my rights, never booked and never had to appear before a court. I just mailed in the citation with a fine.

SITUATION: An employment application asks if I have ever been convicted of or plead guilty to a Felony or Misdemeanor crime.

Three different Legal Search firms have returned no "No Records Found" results on me at the State and County levels.

QUESTIONS: Am I safe to assume my record is clear? Do you have to be arrested and read your rights to be convicted of (or plead guilty to) a misdemeanor?

H

Humble Warrior

If you were only cited,you probably didnt get a "misdemeanor" charge......it was probably a "summary" charge......in this case there is no record of it.
If it was a misdemeanor,and there is no record of it....dont sweat it......press on with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">