• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

if not custodial interference than what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AutumnCC

My husband and I live on Oregon. He has been denied visitation for about 5 years now. His ex has custody and he has court ordered visitation rights and all of his non-custodial rights. husband filed a police report 2 years ago that the DA has been sitting on up intill last week. DA asked for a follow-up investigation and my husband was interviewed by a detective. They went over court papers and papers proving our efforts in trying to get visitation. It was proven that she (ex) is denying visitation knowingly and for a protracted period. we spent close to 20,000 between 1994-1997 and still owe about 5000 that we are making payments on. Every time he would take her to court over the issue she would in turn file whatever charges against him that she could to get the attention off of her and on to him. so instead of spending his money to get visitation he had to use it to defend himself. He was never convicted of any crime and actualy proved that it was she (ex) who was abusive and in the wrong, but still no visitation. the detective who interviewed my husband said that he was going to contact the ex and if she didn't comply right away he was going to arrest her for custodial interference 2. We were happy that we were finaly getting justice. or so we thought. about 3 hours later after the interview the detective called us back to say that he tried to get what he needed to arrest her that day but the DA wouldn't allow him to. he said it was because the custodial interference law states that the ex has to be in violation of a "valid joint custody order" with the intent to hold the child permanently or for a protracted period. He doesn't have a joint custody order, he's a non-custodial parent. We dont have the money to hire another attorney, but if we did I'm sure we would win custody. is there another law she is breaking that the DA CAN have her arrested for and charged? We are exasperated by the system and need the police's help now. what can we do?

Last edited:

tigger22472

You need to post this in the family law section also under child support, custody visitation issues... You'll get more help and advise there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">