• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

If you press charge against employee theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maryley

What is the name of your state? CA

If you press charges against employee's who you have caught stealing, by under-ringing or not ringing up things and getting extra tips to do that, do they actually get arrested, as in handcuffed and dragged away, and do we go to court or are there different ways this sort of theft is handled from say an armed robbery suspect?

HomeGuru

Maryley said:

If you press charges against employee's who you have caught stealing, by under-ringing or not ringing up things and getting extra tips to do that, do they actually get arrested, as in handcuffed and dragged away, and do we go to court or are there different ways this sort of theft is handled from say an armed robbery suspect?
**A: why do you ask and what are the exact circumstances?

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Maryley said:

My response:

This should have been posted on your original thread, Maryley.

However, in response, the answer is "quite possibly".

IAAL

Maryley

I started a new thread because I thought maybe that other thread was dead and wouldn't be checked and I felt this was a different question. The other one was more about what can the employee do about unemployment etc if fired for stealing where as this question was more about how exactly will these thiefs be treated if we file a report agianst them. I have never filed a police report against anyone before, and I am wondering what will happen exactly. Do the police arrest them on the spot, or do I go to the police station and turn in tapes and file a report and then have a court date set if the DA decides to file charges?

I meant no disrespect by starting a new thread. I just thought this was a different question.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Maryley said:
I started a new thread because I thought maybe that other thread was dead and wouldn't be checked and I felt this was a different question. The other one was more about what can the employee do about unemployment etc if fired for stealing where as this question was more about how exactly will these thiefs be treated if we file a report agianst them. I have never filed a police report against anyone before, and I am wondering what will happen exactly. Do the police arrest them on the spot, or do I go to the police station and turn in tapes and file a report and then have a court date set if the DA decides to file charges?

I meant no disrespect by starting a new thread. I just thought this was a different question.

My response:

Maryley, of course you meant no disrespect. It has nothing to do with disrespect. Your intent was, however, to cause complete emasculation to us, and to disrupt the Universe! We hate you for that!

No, no, no, I'm just playing with you Maryley!

Listen sweetheart, come closer to your monitor, a little closer, just a little bit closer . . .

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU ASKING THESE QUESTIONS FOR, ANYWAY????

Look, if you're truly the business owner as you've told us, and NOT the thief, then stop worrying about what the police and justice system are going to do. You have a business to protect, and that's your FIRST, and ONLY, priority. It's your "child" and you need to protect your "child".

Now, go to the nearest police station, and swear out a report. Bring the employee application with you too, for informational purposes.

And, let the police do their job, and let them decide how they want to handle the situation.

You're cute. A little "furmished", but cute.

IAAL

Maryley

>Maryley, of course you meant no disrespect. It has nothing to do with disrespect. Your intent was, however, to cause complete emasculation to us, and to disrupt the Universe! We hate you for that!<

How in God's name did you see through me so clearly? I was so much more subtle in my imagination....

I swear on my grandmother's bible I am the business owner and not the swine of a thief, not that I don't think sometimes being a business owner doesn't make me a swine of a thief, but in THIS instance there are actually TWO OTHER thieves.

I am afraid of what happens to these little swine because I know one of the swine's sister, she is an ex-employee who was wonderful. But I agree with the advice that to let them off with a warning is to allow them to go on to do it to others... But am I my brothers keeper?? Oh yeah... I am... OK I will try to strap some on.

And, I'm not sure about being "Cute and "furmished" but by golly I am famished!!!

Thank you for your help.

HomeGuru

recordgrooves said:
Be cautious, if you do not handle minorities the same as caucasions (that is if you are caucasion) charges of descrimination may be brought against you.
**A: what the heck are you talking about? And what is descrimination?

H

hexeliebe

Be cautious, if you do not handle minorities the same as caucasions (that is if you are caucasion) charges of descrimination may be brought against you.
This has got to be the runner up in the most idiotic post of the year contest.

If ANYONE steals from you, be they mexican, Irish, Black, green or a damn dog, then you have an absolute right to fire them and file theft charges against them.

IF you let race play a factor in whether or not to file charges then you are an Idiot. Plain and simple. And you are giving them permission, based on race, to steal yet again.

Screw who they are. WHAT they are is thieves. PERIOD!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hexeliebe said:

====================================

My response:

Well, wait a minute. It's not just "PERIOD". Remember, Maryley said they were "friendly" thieves.

That's gotta count for something, right?

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

O.k. it counts for them spending time in the same cell.

And that's it.

See Mary, I can be nice too. I'll even let them choose who is the female in the relationship :D

HomeGuru

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
hexeliebe said:

====================================

My response:

Well, wait a minute. It's not just "PERIOD". Remember, Maryley said they were "friendly" thieves.

That's gotta count for something, right?

IAAL
**A: sounds like Robin in the Hood and his merry fairy men.

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

All we need now are sugar Plums and dancing toy soldiers and I could come up with one hell of a Christmas Ballet.

Here... the LAPD will come and arrest their azz on the spot. It might also be a good idea to let them steal until they hit $500... then it's grand larceny and it becomes a real charge that will stick. That's what the big businesses do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">