• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it illegal for a 19-year-old male to date a 16-year-old female in the state of ga?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hunterb19

Is it illegal for a 19-year-old male to date a 16-year-old female in the state of Georgia i just turned 19 and the girl i am with is 16 is it illegal for me and her to date need help so me and her wont get in trouble trying to be on the safe side

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What do the 16 year old's parents say about it? And yes, it does matter to the answer.

hunterb19

they said they are fine with me and her being with each other?? but is it illegal though bc every one is telling me its not but others are saying it is??

hunterb19

like going out to places calling each other boyfriend and girlfriend kissing stuff like that is it ok or not in the state of ga sense i just turned 19 and she is 16??

Isis1

they said they are fine with me and her being with each other?? but is it illegal though bc every one is telling me its not but others are saying it is??
it is perfectly legal to date a 16 year old in the state of GA. but the real question you are asking (i'm thinking) is whether it legal to have sex with her. and in the state of GA, the age of consent is 16. however, by law, what her parents say is okay, is their law for their daughter. so if you go past giving the 16 year old a handshake at the end of the date, you'll need to ask the parents' permission first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">