• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal? in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris.fender

I was arrested in Florida for a case that has no evidence and is basically a he said she said case. The prosecuting attorney told the public defender that the only reason he was still preceding with the case was because my father is a registered Sex Offender. My question is, is this legal? What are my chances of beating a case like this.

The girl stated that I showed myself to her.

CdwJava

Such a case would hinge upon the credibility of the witnesses. In this case, that means her and you. If you have any prior history or if you made any statements to people admitting to this act, then they might have a case.

Only YOU (and her) know what really happened. But, CAN you be convicted solely on her testimony? Yes. WILL you be convicted? No one can say.

chris.fender

I understand that at that point it all depends on the lawyers, however she has made several statements to the police and each time the story changes, can this be brought up in case?

Banned_Princess

I understand that at that point it all depends on the lawyers, however she has made several statements to the police and each time the story changes, can this be brought up in case?
Depending on how far the case goes ( arraignment - trial ) anything can be brought up in defense.

And you should understand AT THIS POINT it all depends on the lawyer.

Don't say another word, not to police, not to court, not to prosecutor, to nobody. Have the lawyer talk for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">