• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal to go to woods and fire guns?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RandyL712

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My friends enjoy going to the woods in Colorado with their various firearms, including pistols, rifles and shotguns, and shooting things like clay pigeons and paper targets.

It all sounds illegal to me... like "unlawful discharge of a firearm" or some such thing. Can you set us all straight?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

RandyL712 said:
What is the name of your state? Colorado

My friends enjoy going to the woods in Colorado with their various firearms, including pistols, rifles and shotguns, and shooting things like clay pigeons and paper targets.

It all sounds illegal to me... like "unlawful discharge of a firearm" or some such thing. Can you set us all straight?
My response:

No. There's no one here who can help you because all you've identified them as is "the woods in Colorado." 90% of Colorado is "woods."

Further, you never mentioned the area or the name of "the woods", and "the woods" are divided up into Federal, State, Local, and Private parcels - - all having different rules, regulations and laws governing them.

So, my only suggestion would be to ask a local Game Warden or Sheriff for a map of "the woods" and the laws that govern the particular parcel of which you speak.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">