• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal videotaping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

luckyaurorastar

I live in Lawrence, Kansas in a residential neighborhood (classic suburbian neighborhood) and I have contacted the police and even a private investigator because I believe someone has placed a hidden camera in my home. They found nothing, but I do not believe them. Could it be that they are using high tech equipment that the private investigator was not able to find? I have been followed around malls and places noone knew I was going to except my family or friends. I believe the person who is doing this used to work at the University of Kansas hospital where I used to work. I believe this person has a lot of connections and is getting away with this criminal activity. Do you think the hospital could be held responsible for supporting this employee? What are my options to catch this criminal?

luckyaurorastar

I am not crazy eventhough I expect this reaction. I do not have a history of mental illness nor there is mental illness in my family. This is a serious problem and I feel hostage in my own home. I do not think you should give your opinion unless you know what I am going through. But thanks for your input.

CdwJava

Why do you think you are being followed?

Why do you think there is a camera in your home?

Why would anyone CARE to follow you around?

Until you can show that this activity is happening, it will be impossible to hold anyone accountable.

Personally, I doubt that you are that important to follow ... the sort of surveillance you describe is prohibitively expensive (i.e. outrageously costly) and reserved for Mafia dons or major movers and shakers in the criminal or terrorist world - and those investigations are extremely rare. The local cops are most certainly not engaging in this kind of activity unless you are a serious criminal ... are you?

- Carl

outonbail

Do a google search for "Counter Surveillance". You'll find tons of information. products and companies who will come to your home and sweep it for bugs, camera's phone taps etc. They charge a pretty healthy fee for this service and will probably want the money up front.
They don't care if you're crazy or not, as long as you have the money, they'll check your home , your vehicle and your office from top to bottom.

Before you spend the money to have this done, you should ask yourself what it is you have, that is worth the cost of someone doing what you suspect, in order to get it from you.

I would advise you not to be contacting the police in a situation like this. Because they are not really equipped to do the type of investigation you are looking for. If they don't believe you, they will end up flagging your address. Then, if you should call them in the future, they will see a notation that the resident at this address is 5149 and a half. So it's really better to keep this type of situation under a foil hat for the time being,,,,,

Just Blue

I am not crazy eventhough I expect this reaction. I do not have a history of mental illness nor there is mental illness in my family. This is a serious problem and I feel hostage in my own home. I do not think you should give your opinion unless you know what I am going through. But thanks for your input.
Well...If you only want "advice" from others in your situation, stick around and perhaps a member with paranoid schizophrenia will respond...:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">