• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm curious what sentences are possible for this couple

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

szlamany

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I know of some people that were just charged with this:

SOUTHBURY -- A Southbury couple is scheduled to appear in Waterbury Superior Court later this month after Southbury police Thursday charged them with embezzling $250,000 from a local mortgage company.
xxxxx, and her husband, xxxxxxx, both 43, of xxxxx Lane, were charged as a result of an investigation that began last year.

Police said between January 2000 and May 2006, the couple conspired to steal the money from xxxxxxxxx Mortgage.

xxxxxxxxxx was charged with first-degree larceny, conspiracy, and 225 counts of second-degree forgery.

Her husband was charged with first-degree larceny and conspiracy.
What are the possible sentences?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I know of some people that were just charged with this:

What are the possible sentences?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

**A: both will be shot under the 2008 CT Mortage Broker's Protection Security Act.

szlamany

And "shot" means?

Keep in mind I have no respect for these people - just know them - have been in their "way" ;)

seniorjudge

**A: both will be shot under the 2008 CT Mortage Broker's Protection Security Act.
I respectfully disagree.

In Connecticut, they will get the stock.

I axed Hester Prynne.

Q: What are the possible sentences?

A: Tell us the statute numbers under which they are charged.

szlamany

Q: What are the possible sentences?

A: Tell us the statute numbers under which they are charged.
The newspaper said that info was not released yet - I'll find out as soon as I can and post back...

shot - axe - stock...

At least the axe is final...

seniorjudge

Definitions of axe on the Web:

• inquire about; "I axed about their special today"; "He had to axe directions several times"
• make a request or demand for something to somebody; "She axed him for a loan"
• direct or put; seek an answer to; "axe a question"
• consider obligatory; request and expect; "We require our secretary to be on time"; "Aren't we axeing too much of these children?"; "I expect my students to arrive in time for their lessons"
• address a question to and expect an answer from; "Axe your teacher about trigonometry"; "The children axed me about their dead grandmother"
• necessitate: require as useful, just, or proper; "It takes nerve to do what she did"; "success usually requires hard work"; "This job axes a lot of patience and skill"; "This position demands a lot of personal sacrifice"; "This dinner calls for a spectacular dessert"; "This intervention does not ...
• require or axe for as a price or condition; "He is axeing $200 for the table"; "The kidnappers are axeing a million dollars in return for the release of their hostage"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn
• "Axe" is a song by The Smiths. It was released as a single in October 1986, reaching #14 in the UK Singles Chart. As with most of The Smiths' singles, it was not included on an original album. ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe (song)
• look for an answer to a question by speaking; approach someone to do something
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/axe
• This is the quoted axe, or the lowest price an investor will accept to sell a stock. Practically speaking, this is the quoted offer at which an investor can buy shares of stock; also called the offer price.
Glossary of Terms - Select Sector SPDRs
• The lowest current axeing price of a particular coin issue and grade offered for sale on a trading network, pricing newsletter, or other medium.
Park Avenue Numismatics - Glossary of Numismatic Terms
• Also called "offer." Indicates a willingness to sell a futures contract at a given price.
chicagomercantileexchange.org/edu/fx/resources/fxgloss.html
• (1) [æsk] [{sk], (2) [ɑsk] [Axe], (3) [æks] [{ks] (1) is the standard North American pronunciation, and (2) is the standard pronunciation in other English-speaking countries. (3) is common in the US but is often considered substandard. ...
List of words of disputed pronunciation - Free Encyclopedia
• The price at which the currency or instrument is offered.
Zaner Group, LLC: Glossary of Forex Terms
• The quoted market selling price. See also “‘offer’”, with which this term is interchangeable.
Glossary
• The price which the seller is willing to accept for a commodity; also known as the offer price.
bullion.nwtmint.com/articles_glossary.php
• The lowest price that a seller is willing to accept for a security.
www.addenda-capital.com/EN/Glossary.asp
• The rate at which a dealer is willing to sell a currency. See Axe (offer) price
forex.oubk.com/forex101/forexglossary.html
• The price that a seller is willing to take in order to effect a sale.
Glossary
• The price at which someone who owns a security offers to sell it; also known as the axed price.
cc.emirates.net.ae/fin_channel/glossary/glossary_a.htm
• airspace management
FM 90-4 Glossary
• The price at which a currency pair may be purchased. Also called the offer, axe price or axe rate. (also see Bid - eg Bid/Axe Spread)
Start Trading Fx - Forex Trading in the UK | Start Trading FX / Forex / Foreign Exchange UK
• The present price for which a stock or decision is offered for sale. Also known as the offer. This is the advanced price in the spread. You may or may not have to pay this amount for a hoard or option depending upon whether you can attain a sale within the spread. ...
A, stock, market, terms, dictionary, trading, glossary, share, starts a
• The lowest price at which someone will sell an investment at a given moment.
Glossary of Terms
• The lowest price at which someone is willing to sell a security.
https://www.bmoinvestorline.com/EducationCentre/a.html
• A motion to sell. The same as offer.
Central Appalachian Coal Futures Glossary
• Bid or buy is the price a dealer will pay for gold bullion coins. Axe or sell is the selling price offered by a dealer. (See Spread.)
Glossary of Terms & Numismatic Links
• An order to sell a specified number of contracts at a specified price over a specified number of days.
Trader's Manual: Glossary - Iowa Electronic Markets - The University of Iowa
• the price at which a dealer offers to sell.
Glossary of terms used in the precious metals market and investing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">