• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm not the one who harassed, but is has been threatened against me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maikeru00

State of Texas

There was a conflict between two people and I over something so juvenile, but during one the arguments they threatened me saying if I talk they will file harassment charges, yet the party was sending text to me and my girlfriend, calling me saying how i should have committed suicide and how I'm worthless, emailing me using vulgar language, and then making fun of my weight on a social network by both messages and pictures behind my back. I in my defense sent them a letter before they threatened telling them i don't want to hear from them, and to grow up. They sent me a text after telling me they would file if id contacted them saying "U want adult. We can do it this way! Adult enough for you?! Lol."

I only contacted them through email on a social network, whereas they sent text, phone calls and emails that contained vulgar language and was practically putting me down. I saved all they sent to my girlfriend and I, the two voice mails they left me, the emails, and how they were making fun of me publicly on a social network.

What can I do if they do or did file the charges against me for harassment i didn't do? Could I then file charages for harassment on grounds of bullying, cyber bullying, psychological harassment and defamation of character? I seriously don't want anything to happen because of how stupid the fight was.

Isis1

State of Texas

There was a conflict between two people and I over something so juvenile, but during one the arguments they threatened me saying if I talk they will file harassment charges, yet the party was sending text to me and my girlfriend, calling me saying how i should have committed suicide and how I'm worthless, emailing me using vulgar language, and then making fun of my weight on a social network by both messages and pictures behind my back. I in my defense sent them a letter before they threatened telling them i don't want to hear from them, and to grow up. They sent me a text after telling me they would file if id contacted them saying "U want adult. We can do it this way! Adult enough for you?! Lol."

I only contacted them through email on a social network, whereas they sent text, phone calls and emails that contained vulgar language and was practically putting me down. I saved all they sent to my girlfriend and I, the two voice mails they left me, the emails, and how they were making fun of me publicly on a social network.

What can I do if they do or did file the charges against me for harassment i didn't do? Could I then file charages for harassment on grounds of bullying, cyber bullying, psychological harassment and defamation of character? I seriously don't want anything to happen because of how stupid the fight was.
get off the internet. go for a walk outside. join a social activity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">