• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm in real trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Judi Kay

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? NORTH CAROLINA
I have been framed and set up for charges that keep building. Circumstantial evidence is showing it is me, although I know without any proof that it was my ex-husband, whom I found out had a criminal background andn promply kicked him out.

It is a serious crime - racial hate crime, and threatening. My ex-daughter in law is saying I have sent her numerous letters threatening her bi-racial child and harrassing her with phone calls. This is not true. They seized my computer and could not find any evidence, but is using "fonts', spacing" and margins" as circumstantial evidence. My ex-husband has planted a voice changer in my office, which was found by the police and they found something on the computer at work, which my husband had access to.

I am now terminated from my job, losing my house and am told will be convicted of these criimes by my attorney! He says it is serious and he wants me to admit to these charges and they will drop everything. I don't trust my daughter-in-law and don't trust the detective involved in this case. I do not want to admit to a crime I have not committed. Should I? I also have to move due to no income and IF I cannot afford to come back to trial, will they come after me and extradite me? Will my name and picture be on tv? I am really scared. I have NEVER had any legal problems in the past. I also have a 16-yr old daughter to care for. We are both scared and I cannot afford another attorney. (Oh, by the way, they have not served me with the warrant for this crime yet...my attorney was able to delay it.) I need a other opinions....thanks

Last edited:

calatty

If you think you can prove that your ex-husband did it and not you, then you should consider going to trial. From what you say, it looks like it would be an uphill battle. In that case, you should seriously consider a guilty plea if you are offered a good deal. I doubt they will "drop the charges" completely. And yes, if you don't show up for trial, they will issue a warrant for your arrest that will haunt you for the rest of your life.

J

Judi Kay

Are we talking jail time? I just cannot comprehend sitting in jail for a crime I did not commit - I will have a difficult time actually proving my ex did this.

I know that a warrant will be issued and I don't want that - but will they actully come looking for me in other states and bring me back in handcuffs?

This is a nightmare.

Y

yoyoma

Look you have to understand something in America..

Its possibly close to an election, they have the NAACP and other racist groups fighting for their rights, and people like you get caught in the middle of a domestic dispute which turns UGLY.

So you dont have any choice but to be a bigger scumbag then they are.

You should talk to the newspapers media anyone who will listen, file for unemployment.....

and Never Never be quiet.......

At least that way if they charge you or you lose you can be proud of yourself for making as much noise as possible .

The hate publicity!

So being scared is the way to get to you!

PS.....did your employer hire any illegal aliens? then call the INS on him! dirty

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">