• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Inappropriate comment to a minor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GCJ

What is the name of your state? Texas
heard a male adult coach (pee wee) (33yrs old) ask a players sister (16yrs old) if she is using protection while having sex, she was offended by the comment, also told her she was looking very sexy on another occation. Are there any criminal or civil laws she can file ? she is very unconfortable around him,
Thanks
concerned Parent of another player on the team

garrula lingua

Where's her father ?

The coach needs a heart-to-heart with her Dad of Mom; he won't do it again, I'm sure.

Unfortunately, there's not much there for legal process....no damage/injury.

She should learn how to tell someone to 'shove off' - it'll happen again.

Meanwhile, where's her father, mother or older sibling........Moms are scarier - they should confront yo-yo & impress on him the error of his ways.

chod

Maybe Enticing a Child???

Possibly harrassment, but that's it. We still have the freedom of speech. Unfortunatley, it's not illegal yet to make vulgar comments..

Oh wait - what about "ENTICING A CHILD" - that's a felony!!! Check into the penal code!!!

§ 25.04. ENTICING A CHILD. (a) A person commits an
offense if, with the intent to interfere with the lawful custody of
a child younger than 18 years, he knowingly entices, persuades, or
takes the child from the custody of the parent or guardian or person
standing in the stead of the parent or guardian of such child.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor,
unless it is shown on the trial of the offense that the actor
intended to commit a felony against the child, in which event an
offense under this section is a felony of the third degree.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, § 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974.
Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, § 1.01, eff. Sept. 1,
1994; Acts 1999, 76th Leg., ch. 685, § 7, eff. Sept. 1, 1999.

I dont' think that Enticing a child carries a mandatory sex offender registration though.. I could be wrong...

If he ever pulled he off alone.. this would work...the law is extremely leniant with it's term "custody"...

chod said:
Possibly harrassment, but that's it. We still have the freedom of speech. Unfortunatley, it's not illegal yet to make vulgar comments..
I hardly think that it is unfortunate.

IMO if she was offended by his comment then she should have told him to **** off. :D

Oh wait - what about "ENTICING A CHILD" - that's a felony!!! Check into the penal code!!!
IMO I think that is a pretty huge stretch to think that he broke the law under that statute cause it has nothing to do with vulgar language and everything to do with physically taking the child away.

Just Blue

Guy's ...Chod (yuck, what a gross sounding user name!) spent yesterday digging up old (as much as 4 yrs) posts relating to stat rape and such (s/he is on a quest to assist sex offenders)...Don't encourage s/he by adding to it!! ;)

bay

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">