• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inappropriate conduct from doctor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leighbo

What is the name of your state? Texas
I filled out paperwork and describe purpose of appointment, which was sinus irritation, and stated that I needed a prescription for flonase and clarinex. Doctor explained that his nurse was running late and that he was alone. He said he didn't like to hurry patients through and wanted to make sure he treated them properly. He said the exam would take some time and he would be asking a lot of questions about my medical history. After examination, he asked if I could take the time to answer questions about my medical history. I said yes. He asked about medications I was taking. I told him none right now, but would be starting ortho evra, the patch, for birth control. He said he didn't know much about the patch. I said I have it with me, would you like to see it. I went to my car and got the prescription and brought it in to him. He recommended I use a ring, I interrupted and said I have to use birth control for my bad periods, doctor responded "will you listen?," and continued talking about the ring and another type of birth control pill that would help with my menstruation pains. During the course of the examination he would ask me medical questions such as do you experience chest pains and such, and then would return to the topic of my menstruation. At one point the doctor asked if I experienced pain during intercourse. I responded yes. I explained that I had discussed this with my gynecologist and he had offered possible treatments. I stated that I had experienced a cyst on my ovary and had been treated for that by my gynecologist. He began asking questions to see why I experience pain. I offered that my gynecologist thought it could be related to endometriosis. At some point he asked if I got "wet" during intercourse. I felt extremely uncomfortable at that point, and reluctantly answered yes. He explained that I may be having performance anxiety. He suggested that I take control of intercourse by leading my husband in the sex act. He suggested I show my husband how to manually stimulate me, and he demonstrated on his hand ways I could move my husband’s hand and stated this would help me orgasm. He then stated that if I wasn’t experience good sex, that was directly related to me taking control and making the sex experience good for myself. He said that sex was something mental that I could control. He remarked that he was also a sex therapist. At one point, after I had told him that my obgyn said that I might have endometriosis, and that a laparoscopy would have to be performed to tell, he gave me some other medical reasons that may cause my pain, and said that if you know what you are looking for, you could do a pelvic exam to tell if there is endometriosis. He said that if his nurse was here, he could do that for me. About 15 minutes before I would be leaving, his nurse arrived. He asked if I would like to do the pelvic exam, and I said no. What do I do? Is this what I should expect from a doctor? I am feeling so violated. Please help me. Sorry this is so long. I was at the examination for two hours.

HomeGuru

leighbo said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I filled out paperwork and describe purpose of appointment, which was sinus irritation, and stated that I needed a prescription for flonase and clarinex. Doctor explained that his nurse was running late and that he was alone. He said he didn't like to hurry patients through and wanted to make sure he treated them properly. He said the exam would take some time and he would be asking a lot of questions about my medical history. After examination, he asked if I could take the time to answer questions about my medical history. I said yes. He asked about medications I was taking. I told him none right now, but would be starting ortho evra, the patch, for birth control. He said he didn't know much about the patch. I said I have it with me, would you like to see it. I went to my car and got the prescription and brought it in to him. He recommended I use a ring, I interrupted and said I have to use birth control for my bad periods, doctor responded "will you listen?," and continued talking about the ring and another type of birth control pill that would help with my menstruation pains. During the course of the examination he would ask me medical questions such as do you experience chest pains and such, and then would return to the topic of my menstruation. At one point the doctor asked if I experienced pain during intercourse. I responded yes. I explained that I had discussed this with my gynecologist and he had offered possible treatments. I stated that I had experienced a cyst on my ovary and had been treated for that by my gynecologist. He began asking questions to see why I experience pain. I offered that my gynecologist thought it could be related to endometriosis. At some point he asked if I got "wet" during intercourse. I felt extremely uncomfortable at that point, and reluctantly answered yes. He explained that I may be having performance anxiety. He suggested that I take control of intercourse by leading my husband in the sex act. He suggested I show my husband how to manually stimulate me, and he demonstrated on his hand ways I could move my husband’s hand and stated this would help me orgasm. He then stated that if I wasn’t experience good sex, that was directly related to me taking control and making the sex experience good for myself. He said that sex was something mental that I could control. He remarked that he was also a sex therapist. At one point, after I had told him that my obgyn said that I might have endometriosis, and that a laparoscopy would have to be performed to tell, he gave me some other medical reasons that may cause my pain, and said that if you know what you are looking for, you could do a pelvic exam to tell if there is endometriosis. He said that if his nurse was here, he could do that for me. About 15 minutes before I would be leaving, his nurse arrived. He asked if I would like to do the pelvic exam, and I said no. What do I do? Is this what I should expect from a doctor? I am feeling so violated. Please help me. Sorry this is so long. I was at the examination for two hours.
**A: there are more but I am commenting on 2 main issues. The male doctor is in violation for examining you without a female nurse present and for inapproriate conversation and touching.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">