• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

indecent assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jellybe999

What is the name of your state? pa
I have written before on this message board. I have gotten some good advice so I thought I would try it again.
I am currently seperated from my husband who I have been with for 10 years. I have a PFA against him. About 45 days ago my 13 year old daughter told me that he had touched her. I went to children and youth and reported him and to the police department. Children and youth interviewed her and told me that they would be in touch with me. The police interviewed her and said the same thing. Ater 30 days of hearing nothing from children and youth I called to find out what was going on, they told me that they put in for a 30 day extention to complete the investagation. they told me that they were waiting for my husband to take a lie detector test from the police department. The police also told me that they were waiting for him to take the test. Well the test was today. I called the police department and was told that he did in fact take the test today and there was false indications. They then told me that after talking to him about it he confessed to touching my daughter. He confessed to doing everything that my daughter had said. They then told me that they have not arrested him yet but that he will be charged. He will be arrested and the charges will be indecent assult. I still can not believe that he confessed.... here are the questions that I have.. 1- if he confessed why did they not arrest him right then and there? 2- he did 3 different things to my daughter, left after each one but then came back, is it all one charge or is each thing a different charge? the police kept saying that he was going to be arrested on the chargeS.. that is why I am asking. they kept useing an S 3- I do understand that indecent assult is a misdermeaner in the first degree since she was under the age of 13 at the time.. what could happen to him? Is he going to get any jail time? the police officer told me that there will be no trial unless he recants his confession but that he didn't think that would happen. He thiks that my husband will just plead guilty and hope that the court shows mercy. (i hate to be mean but I hope that the court throws the book at him. How could any person do this to a child) If anyone can help me please do...
I have having such a hard time with this all. Don't get me wrong I always believed my daughter from when she first told me, but I guess somewhere down deep inside i was just hoping that it was not true. I guess I was hoping that it was not true since I loved this man for 10 years. He had been a father figure to my daughter since she was 3 years old.I also have another daughter who is also his step daughter and we share 3 chilrden together.. 2 girls & one boy. How could someon do this, how could I love a man that did this.. please if anyone knows any of the laws in pa in regards to this please let me know. I have looked all of the internet and I can't seam to find out anything.. thank you so much.. Wendy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">