• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Indiana age of consent law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reason2012

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I looked up online what the age of consent is in the state of indiana and it says 16. My question is if the girl is 16 that means it is okay to engage in sexual activity? Even if I'm over the age of 18? My problem is the law says 16 is the age of consent but I heard even if she is 16 if im older than 18 or not 2 years within her age then I'm still committing a crime. Im confused on what the age of consent means then, and if where can i find out the sublaws about it.

Happy Trails

reason2012 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

I looked up online what the age of consent is in the state of indiana and it says 16. My question is if the girl is 16 that means it is okay to engage in sexual activity? Even if I'm over the age of 18? My problem is the law says 16 is the age of consent but I heard even if she is 16 if im older than 18 or not 2 years within her age then I'm still committing a crime. Im confused on what the age of consent means then, and if where can i find out the sublaws about it.
I agree, you do appear confused.

How old are you?

reason2012

soo

so is there a 3 or 2 year rule in indiana saying that even if the person is 16 the other person must be within 2 or 3 years to have sex.

im 16.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">